Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Oreo Cake

Hey guys, I want to get back into the swing of posting again and so I thought that I would Post this little Beauty!

An Oreo Cake!

I know that I have posted the chocolate cake recipe on here before, but if you would like to know a great chocolate cake recipe... its the Hershey's Perfect Chocolate Cake. I can be found on the inside of the lable of a Hershey's Coco container!

I made this recipe and baked the cake, but for a different kind of texture I lined the bottom of my nonstick cake pan with Whole Oreos, and poured the batter for the cake on top. Then sat it in the oven to bake, as soon as the cake is done pull it from the oven. I have learned that the longer this recipe cooks the toughter this cake will get!

I let this cake cool for 2 hours just to make sure is if totally cool. DO NOT remove from the cake pan, once cooled pulling it from the pan will destroy the nice cookie bottom to your cake!

The icing is very simple. Its just a container of cool whip. I found that anything else in incing that is, it either to heavy of just to sweet!

After spreading the 3/4 of cool whip on to the cake i used a piping bag and piped a few little designs around the edges of the cake. Then placing a few cookies on there sides and a little down into the cake I also laid 3 whole cookies down the center of the cake. After this you can either store it in the fridge for up to 5 days or instantly server it to your waiting guest!


No comments:

Post a Comment