Thursday, October 6, 2011

for the start of the season!

ok since My kitchen is going to be busy this coming month and a half, I am making lots of things for friends and family to make a few extra bucks for a concert I want to go to Nov 25th(I will be posting updates)!  I figured that I would start it off with a quick easy recipe!

Bark!

You can make this any kind but my dad LOVES Peppermint Bark so when Christmas comes and goes I always hit the day after Christmas sales for chocolates and candy canes!

this is a very EASY recipe.

using one box of candy canes unwrap them and stick them in a ziplock bag. taking something heavy crush them by pressing it down over them. I use a rolling pin of a cutting board DO NOT beat up the bag the pieces will be sharp till you get them almost peppermint dust and can cut through the bag.

once you are done with that you will need to melt 1 pound of chocolate and 3/4s a pound of white chocolate in seprate bowls

line a baking sheet with foil

once both are melted smooth pour the chocolate into the bottom of the baking sheet and spread out with a plastic or rubber spatula.

after 5 mins pour the white chocolate over the milk chocolate and swirl with a spoon.

sprinkle on the candy canes and let sit for 3 hours till set

remove it from foil and break into pieces!

serve in a candy dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment