Monday, October 24, 2011

melted witches

spent yesterday baking. wanted to get my mind off things so I baked these are the Creations that came out of my head! Enjoy!

Chocolate homemade Oreo cookies! I make these bigger then normal Oreo's because come on who can eat just one Oreo cookie?

butter (1 stick)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt


preheat the oven to 350.
Beat the cool butter until creamy using an electric mixer.
Beat in sugar, and vanilla.
When creamy, beat in the egg.
When egg is mixed in, beat in salt, baking powder, cocoa, and baking soda, but don’t go crazy beating the batter.
Add flour and mix until it is blended in.
drop by the spoon full on to foiled cookie sheet and bake for 13 mins

FOR THE CREME:
5 Tablespoons of Veg Shortening
1 cup powder sugar
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla

Beat together in mixer till smooth

I used a buttercream Icing tho! :) after icing place in the fridge for about 2 hours(this makes them a little crispy) and enjoy.

then I made Double Chocolate Brownies! but I never give my Brownie recipe away! hahaha sorry

and I made Chocolate Cupcake(you can make any you want for the base of the other project) and Melted witches! using the rest of the buttercream icing that I didn't earlier only adding purple food coloring to it!
this is the fun part!

what you need
mini oreos
food coloring (black and neon green)
dark chocolate chips
2 bags of Wilson melting wafers(white and chocolate)

I bought wilson melting wafers in white and chocolate and using food coloring as they melted I turned them green(about 6 drops of neon green) and the chocolate black(about 5 drops of black)***IMPORTANT TIP!!!*** when you add food coloring or flavoring to a melt-able chocolate add 2 Tablespoons of Veg shortening to keep it smooth!

once they were at the colors I wanted I took a Teaspoon and dropped a Teaspoon at a time on a foiled cookie sheet making it a little off circle shape. then taking a different teaspoon I took VERY LITTLE black and topped it. once I got the amount that I wanted I took toothpicks and made the 2 colors swirl a little NOT A LOT!!!

place a half a oreo name down with out creme dip the very bottom of the chocolate chip in the black chocolate and place on the oreo. wait for them to dry and there you have it Melted Witches!

I was thinking I could make these into cookies too! just like my snowmen cookies only change the color of the melted topping to green and see what happens! :) give it a try
















No comments:

Post a Comment