Thursday, January 12, 2012

Chocolate Covered Strawberry CupCakes

I know my readers are probably getting tired of the Cup Cake trend that I have been on but I love making these Sweet little treats. There the perfect size for someone that wants something sweet but not so fattening!

night before last I decided that I was going to make a fruity treat that I love into one of these delectable treats. it took some thinking and trying to find just the right measurements but I finally got it right! this is what came from it!





heres the Recipe

Nonstick vegetable spray
All-purpose flour, for pans
3 cups self-rising flour
2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cup pureed strawberries, strained*
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon zest
4 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup Cocoa
1/3 cup water
red food coloring**

Directions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray or line your Cup Cake pans

- Prepare the cake batter; in a large bowl, stir to combine self-rising flour, sugar, oil, pureed strawberries, vanilla, lemon zest, and eggs.

- Divide batter in half to one half add enough food coloring to get that prefect pick color

- To the other add your Cocoa and Water and mix til blended

- Then make you cupcakes, to do this and have the effect that I had, simply fill a little over 1/4 of the cupcake cup with the chocolate and add to the top enough of the strawberry to fill each cupcake cup 2/3 of the way full

- Bake in the oven at 350 for 15 to 22 mins and set to cool.

- Frost with your Favorite Chocolate frosting!

*  You can use fresh or frozen strawberries.  If you use frozen, let them defrost on a cookie sheet.  Then place in a food processor and pulse until pureed.  Run through a medium-sized strainer to remove the seeds.

And Enjoy my Fateful followers!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment