Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My own Devils food cookie recipe!

As promised to a couple fateful readers my very own Devil's Food Cookie Recipe!

I put my own twist to this tasty treat but I will give you lovely viewers the original recipe too its just one small change nothing to big but it makes a world of difference!

Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
16 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 teaspoons(and here is the change!) Cinnamon!

the original recipe called for instant coffee I have only made it this way once(I used 1 packet of Starbucks VIA) because I got the recipe from my grandmother who told me about trying it with cinnamon, it brought out the love chocolate combination in the cookies and makes them a dream if sprinkel the cookies with a cinnamon powder sugar mixture!

1-¼ sticks butter, softened
1-½ cups brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350.


Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.

In a microwave-safe dish, melt the chocolate You can also melt the chocolate using a double boiler if you prefer like I did.

Gently stir the eggs and the vanilla together. Add the Cinnamon or Coffee granules and allow them to dissolve. (I have never used both but you can if you would like, you could also try this with flavored coffees)

In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the butter.

Add the sugar and beat until just combined and still grainy.

Add the egg mixture in a slow stream and allow it to mix.

Add the melted chocolate gradually and mix till combined.

Slow the mixer and add the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.



once you have the batter to the above consistancy you'll drop it by the spoonfuls on to a cookie sheet.





Bake for 10 to 15 minutes and this is what you get!


Sprinkle with a little cinnamon and powder sugar and they will be the talk of your next dinner party!

Enjoy readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment