Saturday, September 10, 2011

Supernova cupcakes!

I love Supernovas. Its the ending on a life but the beginning of a new one... and the colors amaze me! So I wanted to try my hand at something like this

.Gorgeous right? Well here's what I did I love making white cakes there is so much you can do to it!

I thought these turned out good... they kind of reminded me of the plant from Little Shop Of Horrors! But there is a surprise inside!




GORGOEUS!!!

SUPERNOVA CUPCAKES!

Here's how its done!

INGREDIENTS
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
8 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 2/3 cup sugar
3 large egg whites, at room temperature
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup milk
4 food colorings of your choice(I used pastels)
 
DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 350˚ F.

Line the wells of two cupcake pans with 24 paper liners.

In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir together with a fork to blend and set aside. 

In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar and beat together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.

Blend in the egg whites one at a time, beating well after each addition.

Blend in the vanilla extract.

With the mixer on low speed, beat in half of the dry ingredients just until incorporated.

Add the milk and beat just until combined, then mix in the remaining dry ingredients.

Split batter into 4 smaller bowls and depending on your choice of color add the dye to the batter

In cupcake cups layer one tablespoon of each color on top of the other. they can be switched up just have fun with it!

After all colors have been used at lest once place in oven on middle rack for 18 to 20 minutes.

When cooled ice with desired icing!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment